Saturday, May 17, 2014

My second pregnancy!

     


Proud big brother!
    Lets see if I even remember how to do a blog post, it's been so long! Like I mentioned last time, I found Facebook and now Instagram to replace my need to blog. Well with this second baby (BOY!) coming along, I definitely want to get back into it since I LOVE looking back on Eli's beginnings. Steph will ask me a milestone question regarding her son Liam and I'm always like "jeeze it feels so long ago since I was in that stage. I'd have to check my blog..." --Good Old Faithful coming to the rescue, recapping the little things that have long been cataloged into the deep recesses of my brain. I love this little blog and I really do love blogging.

    So where do I start? I'll do a separate post to describe my conception story since most of you already know my beginning infertility issues I discussed in this post and I'm super proud of it. When I told my husband we were indeed pregnant after our first month of trying in January, I said, "more than anything else, don't you just feel an amazing sense of accomplishment??" Ha ha. We both laughed because it was so true. There was a time were I was that girl "trying-to-conceive" and now I'm completely confident in my ability to not only GET pregnant but to NOT get pregnant while not using the traditional birth control methods. (I'm not saying all this to boast, or be cocky, but in an attempt to give other ladies out there struggling in this department, HOPE.) Stay tuned if you fall into that category because the next post will be for you :)

    Welp, I'm at the 20 week mark (as of Monday). I can't even wrap my mind around the fact that I'm half way there! Currently I feel amazing, like I'm not even pregnant, unless I feel a kick (which is all the time now.) The baby is still really low in my pelvis, and each kick makes me instinctively reach to feel so if you catch me Al Bundy style, don't judge, ha! I can't say the same thing for the first 14 weeks though. Ugh. Was that ever a dark period in my life. The long, brutal winter didn't help matters either I'm sure. I'm so thankful to still be married because I'm positive my hubby had to remind himself "through thick and thin, through sickness and in health..." multiple times a day because I was awful. I was awful and I knew I was awful, and yet had no control over how I was feeling. I had zero energy (with a toddler to chase), horrible mood swings (sorry!!), many food aversions, everything stunk (easy on the cologne/perfume people!) and all day queasiness. We went to Hawaii when I was 9 weeks pregnant and although I enjoyed it, now when I think of it, I get nauseous. Such a sad way to remember a beautiful place. I think my hubby should take me back when I'm not pregnant so I can make new, happy memories :D

     I found a fun pregnancy questionnaire online that I thought I'd go through and answer so here it is:

How far along: 20 weeks!
Total weight gain: I'm up 10lbs
Maternity clothes: Heck yeah! I even wore maternity pants for comfort before I was pregnant (see above about not judging, ha ha)
Stretch marks: None yet. I did end up with a nasty "star burst" looking stretch mark under my right breast after Eli was born. Probably from the NASTY engorgment I had when my milk came in. But now its completely faded and I have to really search to find where it was.
Sleep: sleeping great but I have an earlier bed time.
Best moment of this week: having our 2o week ultrasound to find out the sex of the baby and to have so many friends anxiously awaiting the announcement as well.
Miss anything: Sandwiches. I really want some deli meat but the fear of listeria will keep me from eating one until after the baby comes.
Movement: SO much movement. Little "thumps" started at 15 and ½ weeks and they've gotten progressively stronger ever since. 
Food cravings: just like with Eli, everything sounds good. I'm gravitating more towards sweets but right now I can't open my fridge without grabbing a handful of the 4 lb box of green grapes that I got at Costco the other day. Good thing I bought the big one...
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing now except thinking of Hawaii. (So sad!) In the beginning it was black beans & tortillas that were the strongest aversions but really everything was unappealing. I had to remind myself that I loved certain foods and to just eat them. Once I started eating I was fine. It was the getting-it-into-my-mouth part that was a struggle.
Have you started to show yet: Yep. I was super bloated at 9 weeks! (See pic below.)
Gender: Boy!!
Labor signs: No. And stay that way for another 19 weeks. Pleaseandthankyou.
Belly button in or out: It's completely gone already! I was in the 30 wks range when that happened with Eli. Yikes!
Wedding rings on or off: On, but with the warmer weather on the horizon, probably not for long.
Happy or moody most of the time: Now I'm a happy camper. I feel like I have a pretty good sense of humor usually, but while pregnant, everything is 100x funnier. Not sure why that is...
Looking forward to: dressing the bump and watching it grow. I'm obsessed with baby bellies!
9 wks in Hawaii. My face says it all. Yowzers!
How great is this ultrasound pic?? Baby #2 at 10wks




No comments: