Thursday, April 30, 2015

My baby Andrew is SEVEN months old!



Even an armrest on a chair makes this kid smile.

Wait, is he going to become BLONDE by the end of summer? I think so!!
    Welp I'm just over here trying to savor every single moment having a baby in the house since my hubby seems to be under the false assumption we're done having any more kiddos. If you're a regular reader of my blog then you know my conception story and needing mucinex, so he feels that we can only make boys, which I tend to agree but this momma can always hope. (What's that you might ask? You can control the gender of your child?? Well the theory is that boy spermies are faster swimmers but die quicker, whereas girl spermies are slow and steady and live longer. With this is mind, they say you can give a specific gender preference a helping hand by timing intercourse accordingly. So for a boy you'd time "the deed" immediately before or right on top of ovulation and for a girl you'd time it a few days before actually ovulating with the hopes that all the speedy go-getter boy spermies have petered out by then and the girls are still steadily swimming. So again, back to my conception story, I need mucinex and to time the deed right on top of ovulation in order to conceive at all, therefor based on the theory mentioned above, we can only make boys. Make sense?) But I digress, lets move on to talking about my babycakes.

  Alrighty. So I'm sure I've already mentioned how much I freakin LOVE having a baby in the house, like a bajillion times right? I mean a whole heckuva lot. I tell Aaron all the time, that when Andrew turns 3, I'll need to have another baby to get me through that harrowing time independent-no-longer-a-baby-at-all age. It's like therapy. Baby therapy. This should be a thing. We have music and art therapy, why not baby therapy?? Well if anyone wants to borrow Andrew for a few hours, he's good for the soul (bad for the ovaries though. They'll be twitching all day afterwards and leave you with baby fever. You've been warned.) I mean come on. Look at this face:


"Mom, really? You're taking pictures AGAIN?"


There go my ovaries...

Lindsay focus! His stats:

Size: Unlike Eli, he still seems to be holding on nicely to his chunk. I'm not sure what the difference is because they both had very similar eating habits and I'm not a super milk producer so who knows. I couldn't tell you how much he weighs. The fatigue in my arms after holding him for a few minutes wants to say one metric ton but I know that's not accurate, so we'll just say in the general ballpark of one metric ton. He's right on track wearing 6-9m clothes though. He's just getting BIG, thats all I know and I still ugly cry about it.

Likes:Swim class and baths, going for walks while being worn, constant attention, people, squeaking and yelling as loud as he possibly can, being rocked by daddy or grandmom (they have the sleepy dust, I don't), yanking on my hair...hard, his measuring spoons, and having his brother "entertain" him.

Dislikes: not being held, being gassy, and going too long in between naps.

Feeding: Still going strong with breastfeeding. I'm letting him try more big boy foods although my baby bullet bit the dust after using it for Eli so I need another one. Once I get one I'll try harder to be better at prepping meals. Ugh, breast feeding is just so dang easy and convenient (read: I'm so lazy). And cue mommy guilt because Eli was eating lentils and parsnips by now! #Fail #secondchildproblems.

Sleeping: He seemed to do a little bit of sleep regression shortly after 6 months hit. He still goes to bed at 7pm but almost like clockwork and responding to an alarm being set, he wakes up around midnight to eat and 5:30 am. So odd. This after he had been consistently sleeping through the night for so long. Maybe he's having a growth spurt or trying to up my supply. Who knows. With it being so bright in our room now as the days are getting longer, it's also hit or miss if he's willing to go back to sleep after his 5:30am feeding or if he wants to start his day.

Milestones: He's officially movin' and a scootin' but not actually crawling. He pops up in all sorts of yoga poses and ends up pushing himself around in a circle. He sits up pretty well unsupported, but I still make sure he's surrounded by pillows because he often lunges for things that are out of his reach and topples over. No teeth to report this month.


yummers

I just told him to lean in a little closer, so I could tell him a secret.

"oh that's a good one mom"
And that's it! Enjoy the rest of you day!
-Linds

No comments: