Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother’s day…to ME!

Well my very first mother’s day (gosh I’ve been waiting to utter those words For-e-VER!) was wonderful Smile. I just love my boys. Daddy and Eli worked together to plan a day for me. First, we all went to church were Eli went into Kids World for the first time (and did awesome by the way!), then Daddy drove us to one of my favorite places, Starbucks, for a “drinky-drink”. Yumm-o! Then we drove around a bit so Eli could finish up his nap and ended up at the river walk in St. Charles where we had a picnic lunch and people watched.photo (9)

Me and my bubs

We walked along the river and ended up at a playground where we found a set of swings and decided to let Eli try them out for the first time…He LOVED it! He just leaned forward staring at the ground below him moving back and forth, back and forth. Ha ha.

photo (4)

photo (5)

photo (7)

photo (8)

Daddy got him to giggle:

Then we headed home for my time to spend with my mom and sister where we went to another one of my favorite places, Joanne fabrics, followed by a grilled dinner back at my moms house. Phew! Daddy took Eli for the afternoon while I was with the girls. And where do you think they ended up??? The Glider club of course!

I’ve been pretty emotional today and the 3 awesome cards I got from Steph, Aaron, and my mom just about put me over the edge. To top it all off, my incredibly generous and awesome sister got both me and our mom a 60 minute massage!!!! Can you say S.P.O.I.L.E.D?!?!?! I’m one lucky girl to have such an awesome family who would do anything for my son, and me, for that matter.

I think I may have gotten a little snot and tears on my computer screen. I apologize for that.

So overall, it was a very special day for me. Thank you all for the messages, texts, and phone calls wishing me a very happy first mother’s day. It means a lot. Open-mouthed smile

-Linds

P.S Did you all read that “For-e-VER” up top there in your best Squints Pelledorous voice?????? And are you now quoting the rest of the movie in your head? Sorry ‘bout that. Winking smile

1 comment:

Infarrantly Creative said...

You are BLESSED with a capital B!