Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My baby is TEN months old!

10 month photoshoot 014

Sheesh, this means I need to start planning his first birthday party soon! Ahhhhh! Say it isn’t so!

Well I’m doing his 10 month update a day early because tomorrow we leave for our vacation so I won’t be blogging for the next week, just sos ya knows. I’m currently in the midst of trying to fit my entire house into my suitcase. Wish me luck.

So onto this fun guy’s stats!

Size: He’s pretty much on target with clothing size at the moment. If they had a 9-12 month size (come on clothing designers, get on that!) he’d be in those. So this means he wears a mixture of 9 and 12 month clothes. This usually includes a 9 month top and 12 month bottoms for the length, however this skinny minnie (wait, should I say “mickey” since he’s a boy??) has a slim waist. Now that this has gotten all complicated, lets just say I hold up a piece of clothing and eye-ball it. Then I don’t even bother looking at the label for size! Let’s move on….

Likes: crawling all over his guests,”singing”, crawling up on furniture into a standing position, reaching for anything “not for babies”, following mommy in his walker (more like ramming into her ankle bones really), pulling glasses off your face, being held in your arms and dipped backwards (I have a feeling this will soon come to bite me in the a$$), sleeping on his belly, people watching, and eating/feeding himself.

Dislikes: Getting his diaper changed (ugh! This has turned into a major momma “dislike”!), teething, laying him on his back, putting clothes on, having his hands and face cleaned after eating, and having something that’s “not for babies” taken out of his hands.

Feeding: Still doing awesome in this department. This kid eats way healthier than mommy and daddy do (we’re working on this as a family). He gets 3 home cooked meals a day along with nursing and snacks in between (I’ve been so inspired to try out new wholesome recipes with him because he makes me feel like a gourmet chef by eating every last bite! Plus he doesn’t “require” meat as part of his meal like daddy does). Oh, and we’ve found a sippy cup he likes! It’s the “nuk” brand and I get a little thrill every time I see him grab that cup and gulp from it. Smile So stinkin’ ca-uute! Here is a pic of it if you’re struggling like we did. This came at the recommendation of Eli’s buddy Parker:

nuk sippy cup

I love how easy it is to assemble too. You don’t need an advanced degree to figure this out like the other sippy cups. Bonus!

Sleeping: Sleeps great. No real changes in this department. He still takes 2 naps a day, in the morning for 2 hours and afternoon for 1-2 hrs. Bedtime is decided by how well he naps in the afternoon.

Milestones: Well, he now walks along furniture, stands up solo for 5-10 seconds at a time, has 8 teeth, 4 on the bottom and 4 on the top (yay, he doesn’t look like my little vampire baby anymore Smile) We had a rough night a few days ago as these 3 new teeth came in all at once Sad smile. Oh, and although this isn’t technically a milestone, he has hair again! Woo hoo! Its nearly platinum blonde so it’s hard to see but coming in none-the-less. I LOVE it!

10 month photoshoot 006This shot is getting harder and harder to get!

10 month photoshoot 010

10 month photoshoot 017

10 month photoshoot 027

He’s chewing on his sticker paper, it isn’t really up his nose as this picture depicts Winking smile

Alrighty folks, I’ll see you all next week and make sure to show you pics of Eli’s first vacation and plane ride!

-Linds

No comments: