Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I love me some shoes!

…Baby shoes that is! Gosh I can’t get enough of ‘em. There is  just something about adult looking shoes (and clothes for that matter) in miniature size that make my day Smile.

So naturally when I saw a free toddler slipper pattern on Pinterest, I had to pin it and add it to my to-do list. Since my baby-cakes spends the majority of his time barefoot and my hard wood floors could be cleaner the cooler weather of fall is right around the corner, I finally thought it a good time to make them. Gotta protect those little toesies.

Behold Eli’s new house slippers:

photo (18)

Ta da! Fancy schmancy.

photo (20)

I put the little rubber gripper stuff on the bottoms.

photo (19)

“Mom, seriously? Enough with the pics. You can do “monkey face” all day long, I’m not giving you a smile until you get these clown shoes off of me.” True story.

I made a pair previously to this set but found the heel did not come up high enough in the back to keep the slippers on so I modified the pattern and added a heightened curved area in the back like a typical shoe has. Muuuuuch better. Now they actually stay on. The only problem is he finds taking them off repeatedly a super fun mommy irritating game.

For my sewer buddies, you should give it a try, it’s a super simple and quick project—my favorite kind Smile with tongue out. Here’s the link.

Happy sewing!

-Linds

No comments: