Sunday, September 2, 2012

A new pilot in command…

Eli turned 14 months today Smile. In honor of this big day daddy decided to give him his first flight lesson.

Lesson #1 included:

  •  sitting in the pilot’s seat…

photo (26)

Don’t worry he isn’t really flying the plane. Sheesh, what kind of mother do you think I am? I would never let him drink and fly!

  • Getting acclimated to the instrument panel…

photo (24)

Wait dad, where did you say the altimeter was again??

  • And last but not least, wearing the appropriate head gear (while making sure to look ridiculously handsome like daddy)…

photo (25)

He even helped daddy drive the golf cart around to get a better look at all the gliders. I drew the line at him driving it by himself since I didn’t think he was old enough but I found out from a little boy there that Eli couldn’t ride the cart by himself not simply because he was too young to do it but because, and I quote “he wouldn’t know how to turn everything on.” Ha ha . True story. I got a little chuckle out of that. He was totally serious. Kids say the darndest things Smile.

Hope you all are enjoying a nice labor day weekend!

-Linds

No comments: