Saturday, September 22, 2012

We need an intervention!

So I tend to go in cycles with how I like to spend my spare time, aka the “nap time” and “bedtime” hours. I bounce between spending all my time strictly reading books, then I’ll get bitten by the cooking bug and abandon my books to destroy my kitchen. But most recently I’ve wanted to do nothing but sew. With the kidlet around now, I only have time to dedicate to one activity since my spare time only comes in 2-4hr increments. Last week I was in a cooking frenzy. This week, back to sewing. I’m dealing with a little bit of mommy guilt though. I think my kid has a fabric “problem” too like I do.

photo 3 (2)

“Ohh a new toy!”

photo 2 (2)

“Hey mom, I love fabric too. Mine”

photo 1 (2)

“No WAY am I giving this back to you momma”

It made me think of that quote from “Mr. Mom” with Michael Keaton (remember that movie from the year I was born, 1982?!? I honestly can’t turn it off when I see that it’s on t.v. Sigh. Good quality family shows right there people) any way he’s having a “man to man” talk with his son about giving up his “woobie”, here it is:

I understand that you little guys start out with your woobies and you think they're great... and they are, they are terrific. But pretty soon, a woobie isn't enough. You're out on the street trying to score an electric blanket, or maybe a quilt. And the next thing you know, you're strung out on bedspreads Ken. That's serious.

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! I laugh every time Open-mouthed smile.

So we start off with our scraps and they’re great, they’re terrific but pretty soon, scraps aren’t enough. We’re out on the streets trying to score remnants (see pic above), or maybe even yards of fabric. And then next thing we know, we’re strung out on bolts of fabric friends. That’s serious. We need help.

If you need us, Eli’s in his room napping, I’m down in my craft room sewing. Toodles!

-Linds

No comments: