Friday, December 9, 2011

…Aaaand I’ve created a monster!

Gone are the days where I could take Eli out to dinner with us and he’d sleep through the whole thing. Now he wants out of his seater (which isn’t the end of the world) AND he wants everything on my dinner plate! Yikes! He is enthralled by me eating and has been grasping at any food within his 3 inch arm span. I once again let him have some of my potato at dinner and he gobbled it like I hadn’t fed him in weeks. He’s pretty dramatic. He’d fuss at me when I passed him up to put food in my own mouth and gave me the stink eye when I drank my water—literally stared me down, with his neck all contorted as he sat in my lap, until I put my water glass down and grabbed more tator for him. I think he’s telling me he’s ready for big boy food in more substantial quantities…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When Jacob was about 6 months of age I gave him a bite of my sweet potato... Since then I dont think I've eaten a full meal to myself. I guess it is one way to lose my baby fat. =)

Btw, this is Stacey.

Linds said...

Yep, I hear ya. I don't see any uninterrupted meals any time soon in my future.