Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Eli’s new hat…

Well I thought I would experiment making Eli a little baseball type hat because I felt an urge to sew today. This has been the first time sewing has interested me since he has been born. This hat is definitely not perfect and still a work in progress but it makes me smile.
First things first, in order to sew with a 2 wk old infant, THIS little ditty is a MUST :)eli in holder
Once the little peanut was snug as a bug in a rug, I got to work… Here’s the final project:
baby hat tutorial 021
baby hat tutorial 023





     I added elastic to the back of the hat to “grab” his head a bit and I also added elastic to run under his chin to keep the hat in place but it was too tight the first time around so I tucked it under for this pic and added a longer piece of elastic. He happened to be napping when I finished this project and I just HAD to get a picture of him in it.
Okedokey, time to feed Eli before he becomes Mr. Fussy-buckets and then bed time for all of us. Night night.
-Linds

1 comment:

LeslieFreeman said...

I like this font better! It's cute! And that hat is cute too!!