Thursday, July 21, 2011

My handsome little man…

So I wish I could have a camera strapped to my head to capture all those “moments” you know? Especially in the middle of the night, when it’s just me and Eli up and he’s all wide eyed as I feed him or change his diaper. There are so many moments when I think “oh I wish Steph could see this face/expression etc” because I know she appreciates those times as much as I do since both our biggest weaknesses in life are babies. Its so funny because in the entire time I dated and have been married to my hubby, it was always me saying “isn’t such and such sooooo cute? Wasn’t such and such just the most adorable thing you’ve ever seen?!?” And he’d go “sure babe.” Now, I hear him saying “he’s sooo cute!” on a daily basis—heck multiple times a day! Too funny. I never thought he had it in him :)

eli 2 eli 4 eli 1

The many faces of Eli. I swear I see 5 different babies in him on any given day based on his mood or if he’s sleepy or wide awake! Its the weirdest thing. Muuuah! I could just eat him up, or as my Auntie Glenna says “I wanna sop him up with a biscuit!” ha ha.

Well he’s definitely my kid alright. Just like mommy he LOVES sleeping on his belly. So because I follow the “back to sleep” advice at this time, we will let Eli lie on one of our chests (well in my case, my belly because my boobs are either rock hard or too tender) during the day or early morning and he’ll pass out like a light. He’s been waking up around 6am for his morning feeding and I like to feed him and lay him back down but today (and yesterday for that matter) he just wouldn’t have it. If daddy is home, he takes care of this so I can get a little more shut eye, but with him being back at work, it falls to me. So I let him lay on my belly and we both got a nice nap in. Thanks Punkin. Here’s a pic of him this morning passed out on my belly in his woombie I made him (LOVE that thing!)

eli 3

Well I just took a 2hr nap from 730-930pm so I’m wide awake, but if I had any smarts, I’d get my butt to bed because Eli will be up in a few hrs looking for food. So night night all. Sweet dreams, Please enjoy 8+hrs of uninterrupted sleep for me :)

-Linds

No comments: