Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A new swim tote…

So as you all know, Eli and I are really digging his swim lessons. He’s so stinkin’ cute, all serious as he learns his new tricks. We just started a new session this past week so there are now 3 new babies that joined us. Talk about cutie patooties! I just love being surrounded by so many babies in itty bitty swim suits :D
Well it sure is a chore to get both me and a cold wiggly baby changed quickly after swim lessons so my mom has been coming with to get Eli out of his wet suit and into dry clothes while I work on me. I did it by myself the first week, and although do-able, NOT enjoyable. Plus we enjoy having grandma around watching through the viewing window cheering us on. So far, every week I shove all of our wet belongings into a small overnight type tote and then my bag gets all soggy and I’ve been meaning to make a large wet bag in a tote-style. Finally, after finishing all my projects I’ve had going for other people, I got around to making one tonight after Eli went to bed. (Gosh I LOVE that he goes to bed so early so I can have “me” time **sigh**).
I have quite a stash of fabric, although very limited in “boy” styles and I still had some of the waterproof fabric from Eli’s homemade cloth diapers so I just used what I had on hand. I think the outside is pretty cute but the inside is camo and clashes with the outside colors. oh well. I went with it because I didn’t have to make a special trip to Joanne’s and spend money—my favorite kind of projects :) It has a zipper closure so in the end I don’t think it matters. What do you think?
more crafts 007more crafts 008
Its about 20in across and 16in high so it should be big enough to fit both our swim suits, and towels.
-Linds

1 comment:

Infarrantly Creative said...

Great idea Linds. I love the camo inside...it kind of goes with the jungle animal print on the outside if you ask me.